The Club

Our origin was in 1874 when the proposal to construct two rackets courts was made. The courts were built and THE MANCHESTER RACQUET CLUB was opened in May 1876 in Miller Street on the corner of Blackfriars Road. Unfortunately, as it seemed at the time, in the following year the London and North Western Railway Company obtained a compulsory purchase order on the new Club so that they could build the approach road to Exchange Station. However, our forefathers, undaunted, decided to build again and formed a limited company, the Manchester Racquet and Tennis

Join the team >>>
CTA Image
Welcome to Manchester Tennis & Racquets Club